Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hello Hello!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Cassandra. I'm one of the Co-facilitators of Girl World 2.0. Some not so important but interesting things about me: I'm a Pisces, I love independent and/or foreign films, I like food (all kinds of food) -- but I could eat pasta and soup any day all day. My music preferences are not exclusive to any one genre, but I do like music that incorporates diverse sounds or has an ensemble feel, maybe a good vocal sound, something I can dance to, cry to, or just jump up and say, "I love this song."

I love being a "girl"/woman because I think we have a lot to offer the world, but I also think we have a new front to fight all the time to make sure we stay on equal ground at the end of the day. This is why I love Girl World. It's one of life's reminders of what we're made of, and it's so wonderful to know that there is another generation of young, intelligent women picking up the pace to let others know what women are all about. They give a counter voice to what mainstream media wants the general population to think about women. I agree. Let us think for ourselves. Enjoy our blogs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment