Monday, April 16, 2012

women in the media

i feel like in the media women are portrayed very negatively ,and i feel like we as women deserve more respect from society than we recieve now. to me women are to often disrespected in the media which make men think it is ok to do the same. i think if people started either to not watch and listen to things that disrespect us it wouldnt necessarily stop it from being shown but it will kinda change things for the better.if we stand up more for the things that mispresent us than they can possibly be changed.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right, maybe if we spent less time watching media that disrespected women we'd accept nothing less than respect. I feel like once I saw Miss Representation, I was seeing how women were being disrespected and misrepresented all the time on T.V. shows. What's really important, too, is that women need to realize that even though we see a lot of "crap" on T.V., that it doesn't make it a normal reality for women to be treated a certain way. I keep thinking about Two and a Half men, for example, and it makes me cringe that women are constantly misrepresented in that show, but the laugh track suggests that we all get it, and women do watch it. I think some women think that it's normal for men to act the way the men like Charlie do and that boys will be boys is an okay thing to think.

    Anyway, good post! Keep writing, Takeyah!

    ReplyDelete