Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Song that Resonates

One song that I love, that I put on blast when I'm having a really horrible, just STRESSFUL day is "Superwoman" by Alicia Keys. I find that it helps me to shake off my bad day and it reminds me that I still have to get up and do what I do. So, I sing the chorus with extra "gusto": "Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an "s" on my chest. 'Cuz I am superwoman, yes I am..."

I also love her song "The Thing About Love" because even though I think the song might be about going through a break up, I also think its about hearts breaking, how bad it hurts, and that even though it can be scary, it's still okay to take the risk. Love can be a wonderful thing. I also think this idea applies to people who care a lot about others in general, and that sometimes people can only give so much. When it isn't reciprocated (either by a boyfriend, a family memeber, or a friend), it hurts.

Finally, it can also be about loving yourself. Alicia Keys has a whole stanza about it being her time to shine:
Oh tell me that i'm not the only that's going thru it all
Oh sometimes I feel like i'm the only going thru it all
But its time
Oh its time
For me to shine
Hey
Its my time
Oh its time
For me to shine

Its my time
Said its my time
For me to shine
Its my time
Its about time
For me to shine

For me, it's about letting go of self pity, picking yourself up and allowing yourself to shine through. Life and love are messy, and sometimes they hurt, but unless you can love yourself and shake it off, you won't be able to pick yourself up and try and love again. :)

Ah... I love Alicia Keys. Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. <3 Peace Peoples.

-- C.

2 comments:

  1. You made me look at this song in a different way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song's instrumental version and I feel the vibration of the piano's notes through my soul.

    ReplyDelete