Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GW 2.0 ... Winding Down . Bittersweet

Well, it's almost that time. Almost time to say our goodbyes to Girl World. Some people may continue to say in touch, but for others this is the end. I can honestly say this experience was bittersweet. I came in this program expecting something completely different from the people and the community. When I thought of Uptown I thought somewhat of the suburbs. I thought Uptown was a very wealthy area. However, I see homeless people just like if you went to the very poor parts of Chicago. I also first thought Uptown was downtown. As for the program, I didn't know 6 weeks would go by so quickly. I expected to get my check sooner than I am also. I can honestly say i've stepped out of my comfort zone. I don't usually talk to people as much as I did in this program. I'm surprised. Many people said that I talk to everybody, even too much. I'm usually so shy, but i'm glad that my shell kind of came off for the sake of this program. I met some very interesting people. I do have intentions on staying in touch with a few my co workers after this program. 30 different girls, 30 different personalities. Of course I expected some type of drama. Some days I was just fed up with everybody and everything, but the days where I was welcomed by people with smiles on their face made it worth it. Some of the friendships I built made it worth it. I still remember at the beginning of the program when we all sat at our computers taking webcam pictures and following each other on twitter. That was so fun to me! I remember constantly meeting Shena, Jay, Sirena, Annie, and Tia at Mcdonalds EVERY MORNING! We always had to wait for Sirena to get her coffee, and stop at the store for junk food. Now it's coming to an end. One thing i'm glad about is not having to wake up in the morning. That was really starting to kill me. Also, the little bit of drama we did have I will not miss. However, I will not forget my first job... Girl World 2.0. This was more than a job to me, but also an experience to remember. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment