Monday, July 16, 2012

Roaming Around Uptown! (:

I grew up in Uptown. Born at Memorial Weiss Hospital, and ever since I was connected to the area. I moved from uptown at the age of 9 yrs old. When I moved I didn't want to leave. It was my mother's choice to leave the area. Yeah, the Uptown area was known for its negativity but, I loved it! My friends and family was all around me everyday. I was 7 yrs old walking around alone knowing everybody on each corner. The gang violence and shootings never took a toll on me. I was always smiling and laughing... unaware of my surroundings. I looked at Uptown as my neighborhood. A neighborhood that was original, hopeful, yet misunderstood. I participated in everything that took place in Uptown. Talent shows, Dance downs, anything that brought people together to see different types of entertainment. Walking around Uptown when I was young, all I could remeber was the greenary. Trees, bushes, and grass. I would touch anything that had leaves on it. I miss Uptown because, it's where I'm from and where I grew up... But, regardless of what people percieve it to be, I'll never forget where I cam from! (: <3

No comments:

Post a Comment