Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Teen suicide (rough draft)

 I chose this topic because I represent the teens and their downfalls and the way that they feel.
When teens want to hurt their selves, I feel the way they feel and it’s hard to believe.  Teens have thoughts of how they want to go about their life because of how their parents treat them, how their peers treat them, and it just hurt them and makes them want to hurt their selves. My original opinion is that when kids become teenagers, parents should ease up because that’s when they are in middle school and is becoming of age. They see a lot. It is important to train them when they are early teenagers so they can see the wrong and learn from them.
An article stated that teens feel that way because of peer pressure. This is why my opinion falls in the right category because that’s really how the teenagers think. They feel that they need f4reedom and I agree. Maybe because I’m a teenager too and I feel we need freedom to see how the world is so there won’t be any problems. It didn’t change the way I felt about teen suicidal because this is the truth.

I talked to a special friend of mine who thought about this before. He felt the same way. He felt as if he was going through things that he couldn’t take anymore. To get rid of this feeling he went to a therapist. The therapist told him to stay calm and always think highly of himself. He was depressed about the way others thought about him as a person. He felt as if he wasn’t a good person. But then he thought about his future life and how big he were going to be able to become and turned his life around. Now he is 17 years old and a junior in high school and he is an honor roll student.  His opinions surprised me because, you will never have thought that by him being the person that he is, he would think about this suicidal event. So it did shock me a little.

This shows that no matter what age you are, you are still able to become accomplished and strong within your decisions and choices in life. This is a big issue and I want to stay involved in it to try to change others minds of people who think this way. I say this because you will not always have to be around that person.




               


No comments:

Post a Comment