Thursday, March 29, 2012

Meet Girl World 2.0!

Hi! My name Xenia and I am a volunteer here at Girl World 2.0. I am a graduate of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and I will be pursuing a Masters in Public Health in Fall 2012.

When I have free time, I love to read (books, blogs, articles, etc), write poems, paint, listen to music, play basketball, and enjoy time with family and friends.

I LOVE Girl World 2.0 because it gives me an opportunity to provide young women with a safe space where they can discuss issues that are important to them, issues that without Girl World they may not have had the outlet to express their concerns about or opinions on. I also love Girl World 2.0 because I always leave having learned something new from the girls and with a smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You paint! What kind of medium do you use...acrylics, watercolors, oil paints?

    ReplyDelete