Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Who are you?

Who are you?
Really!
Who are you really?
I have this picture painted of you
But is it true
Is it really a portrait of you?
This image in my mind of you
Does it capture your true essence?
Does it capture your likeness?
All I see
Is all I hear
What other people think of you.
But if you
Are like me
In any way that I wish you are
Or a man worthy to hope to be
Then the image I have of you is false
Fake
A faux if you will
But I say all this
Not for a simple answer
but for a chance to get to know
The guy you see in the mirror
And I hope to see in my future

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Nia, this poem definitely piqued my interest. I love that I can hear your voice in the poem (even though technically, that's the speaker talking:).

    I'm curious, why is someone who you wish to be or worth to be, be a faux? Hope you'll write more poems. Can't wait to read more!

    -- C.

    ReplyDelete