Wednesday, July 25, 2012

                  Major Blog Post; Women vs. Society...

               
Women are labeled as many things such as sexual, pretty, skinny, or just unique. Yet, the main question is what shapes a “woman”? Her appearance, her actions, what about her character? My original thought’s on this subject was that women should do as they please. But, reading articles and watching documentaries made me realize that it’s something deeper as to why females try to shape-shift themselves.

                One article in particular really caught my attention. It was stating how young girls at the age of 5-6yrs old are also giving off a “sexual look” that may be mistaken as “cute” or “adorable”. And as I read it I really got defensive because young girls 5-6yrs old aren’t aware of this. And for society to view and judge them this way really proved that society is the cause as to why women judge themselves. The media is a huge issue as to why women question their features. Just by viewing images of women with a nice tone of skin or a slender physique, women will then already question themselves and try to hide the areas that they feel are “flaws” or “unattractive”. They’ll try to look into other things like make-up, diets, or even surgery if they feel it’s THAT serious.

                 Really digging into the subject I interviewed my mother, stepdad, and my grandmother. My mother said that “… the ways women view themselves are overrated…” her opinion was the attitude that I carried from the beginning. After introducing the article that influenced me to start this topic, she got defensive as well. Interviewing my grandmother was most interesting. I felt that she tried to pull hope out of the topic as she stated that “each generation maybe worse than the one before it, but as women we should carry ourselves with class and show that we are strong. Not weak by breaking who we are for the male fantasy.” I agreed with her statement instantly! Feeling that women should view themselves as beautiful regardless of what other may think about them. Lastly interviewing my stepdad, I realized that he really understood as to why society really takes a toll on women as he stated that “the ideal image of a woman is her true character within herself. Yeah, looks are a plus, but not as much as her character does.” They all understood as to what I was trying to get out of the subject.

                As women I feel that we should carry ourselves with class and sophistication. Seeing ourselves as sex objects isn’t something that should take majority of our time and energy. I would love to continue looking into the issue. But, I feel that us as females we should accept and love ourselves before trying to please the next person. We should handle the flaws of our own, and view ourselves in our own way instead of society’s way. Building more confidence in yourself will make you feel better about yourself. Yet, loving yourself will conquer all insecurities that you have with yourself and, you’ll walk this world, known for the beauty that’s within you…

Click Here to View Link !

No comments:

Post a Comment