Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Major Blog Post. ^_____^

“The Effect Make-Up Has on a Female’s Self-Esteem, Personal Life, and Others Around Her”.
          I decided to choose this topic because I wear makeup, and I always hear negativity about girls who wear makeup. It really affects me, because I get really irritated around people who people who talk bad about makeup. My original opinion is that it doesn’t matter who wears makeup or their reasons; it’s their face, not yours.
          On one of the articles that I read, it says that 65% of females, who wear makeup, wear it because of an insecurity problem.  Another article that I read, said that about 5 pounds of makeup absorbs in your body per year, when you wear foundation, concealer, and other long lasting makeup products. It surprised me, because I never knew that makeup could potentially be bad for you to use.
          I conducted four interviews, of which two people wore makeup regularly, and two didn’t wear it at all. From the interview with the people who didn’t wear makeup, they felt as though they didn’t wear it because they were comfortable and confident with themselves without it. Meanwhile, the ones who did wear makeup, said they simply enjoyed wearing makeup, and just feel comfortable wearing it all the time. After finishing all of the interviews, most of my own opinions, and my personal perspective of makeup leans more to the side of the two interviewees who wear makeup already.
          I still think that it shouldn’t matter if you wear makeup or not, it’s completely your choice, and there are lots of different reasons that people wear makeup. You should not be judged on whether or not you wear makeup. It doesn’t define a person. Although I’ve read plenty of makeup articles, I will still continue to wear makeup, but now with precaution.


No comments:

Post a Comment