Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Women Rights/Abortions


Some arguments are that women should be able to get an abortion if they are raped. (It is argued that in these tragic cases the great value of the mental health of a woman who becomes pregnant as a result of rape or incest can best be safe-guarded by abortion.) This means that if this event occurs women should get an abortion just so that they their mental health is not damaged. Incest means sexual intercourse between closely related persons.

 This is reported abortions in the United States.

This is important to me because this shows how many women may have possibly been raped or did not have the funds to take care of the child.


Overall I feel abortion should be the woman choice whether who wants them to go through it or not. I want women to know that they have voice in everything. If someone wants to go through with an abortion they can go to a clinic or see their doctor.


 I chose this topic because every time I watched MSNBC they were always talking about abortions and what states was allowing them. This issue doesn't affect me directly but it does in some way because I am a woman and if I chose to get one any time in my life I would like to get one. My original opinion is that women should be able to do what they want with their body.
In the article I found it was basically saying all the views on the topic such as why women should get it and why they shouldn’t get a abortions. It did not change my view on the topic it just gave me an outlook on what other people thought.
On this topic I read article on a woman who decided to get an abortion because she was seventeen and could not take care of her child. Her opinion did not surprise me because I agreed with her in saying she needed the abortion because she was in her second year of college, didn’t have any money, and didn’t have a serious partner. Her opinion did not match with the article.  
I still feel women should have the choice to do what they feel with their body, because women should be in control of every aspect of their life. I would like to know more about it because it involves women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment